On this page we will regularly be posting vacancies.
Garstang Free Methodist Church
Advert for A LEAD PASTOR – Feb 2020
Our heart is to be “A Christian Community Discipling All Generations”. We are a strong Evangelical church with a Wesleyan heritage, located in a growing town between the cities of Preston and Lancaster. We are looking for a Lead Pastor with a heart for outreach and discipleship.
An appointment by September 2020 would be ideal.
- Evangelical, with a Wesleyan heritage and ethos, approaching its 50th year
- Multi-generational congregation with ministries for all ages.
- Regular Sunday morning attendance of 200
- Church Plant in Thornton Cleveleys
- Current staff team: Associate Pastor (oversees Sunday services/preaching, pastoral care and prayer); Pastoral Assistant (oversees children’s, youth, families and missions); Thornton Team Leader; Administrator.
- Leadership Teams: Elder-Trustees (providing governance), Ministry Leadership Team (facilitating ministry and discipleship)
- Building development phase 2 (July – Autumn 2020)
Job Description: [A full-time salaried position]
- To work with the staff and leadership teams to define, communicate & implement a God-given vision for the Church.
- To work with the staff and leadership teams to promote unity of purpose and direction in a multi-generational church family.
- To oversee small groups, and facilitate the running of exploratory courses and a discipleship pathway.
- To work with the staff and ministry leadership team to facilitate the Integration of new people into the life of the church.
- To actively encourage and facilitate outreach.
- To promote the development and release of new leaders, and the equipping of existing leaders.
- To oversee the leadership teams and lead congregational meetings, functioning as a leader of leaders.
- To oversee the leader of the Thornton Church Plant and our Ministerial Candidates.
- To contribute to the preaching & teaching ministry.
- To contribute to pastoral care and prayer ministry
Qualities & Qualifications
Calling: to leadership in the local Church
Character: a mature Christian who relates well to all & is able to work in and with a team
Chemistry: in harmony with the ethos, values & doctrines of the Free Methodist Church
- Theological training essential
- Ordained or credentialed by the FMC in the UK
- Able to lead in a healthy and relational way
All enquiries or to obtain a CV Pro-forma, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
CV submission deadline March 24th