On this page we will regularly be posting vacancies.
St Austell Light & Life Free Methodist Church
Advert for an ASSOCIATE PASTOR – June 2020
St Austell Light & Life are looking to appoint a new addition to their leadership team. We are looking for someone with leadership experience, a strong character and shared values with the church and existing team.
The role will involve responsibilities across all aspects of church life and has the opportunity to shape change as we look to the future. As this will be an addition to the existing team, for the right person we are willing to be flexible in role profile depending on gifting and abilities.
St Austell Light & Life is a part of the Free Methodist church. We are a vibrant and growing church that launched in September 2009. Since then the church has grown and has planted two more churches in the neighbouring towns of Liskeard and Bodmin and there is a close relationship between the churches. In St Austell, we currently have an average congregation of over 130 people. The congregation reflects the whole age spectrum with approximately a third being under 18.
We are a church that has consistently embraced change and in response to the recent UK lockdown we have increased our online presence. This is something that we are looking to continue with and grow in the future.
Our purpose is to see God’s love transform lives as we follow Him and this vision shapes everything that we do. This includes everything from our well established Foodbank to our small group ministry, our youth ministry to how we operate on a Sunday morning. We are an outward focused church and our passion is to see people come to know Jesus and then to see their lives transformed to become fully the people that God made them to be.
Further background and the values of Light & Life churches can be found on our website.
– Work with the lead pastor and church leadership team to develop all areas of church life
– Contribute to the preaching and teaching ministry of the church as well as leading services
– Serve on the church leadership team
– Work as part of the Foodbank management team
Depending on the gifts and experience of the successful candidate they may:
– Oversee the children’s and youth ministries
– Oversee and develop the church small group strategy
– Co-ordinate pastoral care
– Develop community outreach
– Develop the churches use of social media and online presence
– Serve through the creation of graphics and video media
– Take on administrative and project management responsibilities
– A commitment to and experience of serving and leading in the local church
– A passion to see God transform their own life and through them the lives of others
– A maturity of character
– An ability to relate well to people and to work well in team
– Harmony with the ethos, values and doctrines of the Free Methodist Church
– A love for and experience of working with children and youth
– Good organisational skills and the ability to be self-motivated and manage time well
– Experience with social media and online platforms
– Theological training
This role has an Occupational Requirement to be a Christian, as permitted under Schedule 9, Part 1, of the Equality Act 2010.
We are committed to safeguarding and as such the role requires applicants to demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults of all cultural backgrounds and have a good awareness of relevant policies and procedures, statutory legislation and guidance. Candidates will be required to submit a self-disclosure check at interview and the role will be subject to a DBS check.
– Salary of £25,000-28,000pa depending on experience
– Full time
– 25 days paid holiday in addition to bank holidays and to include a maximum of 5 Sundays
To receive an application form or for further information please email Pastor Pete Godfrey firstname.lastname@example.org
Hayle Light & Life Free Methodist Church
Advert for an ASSISTANT PASTOR – May 2020
Hayle Light & Life Church is a growing, contemporary evangelical church, within the Free Methodist Movement, with a Sunday congregation of 150+. It is situated in the town of Hayle, a beautiful historic town with its three miles of golden sands – also an up and coming town, with many new builds and a growing population.
We need an Assistant Pastor to fulfill the following key aims:
- To engage in the pastoral ministries of visiting and preaching as agreed with the Lead Pastor.
- To support and help develop discipleship in the life of the church with a focus on small groups and ‘mid-week community’ using homes and ‘The Bridge’, our shop front presence in town.
- To support and help develop the church’s strategy to be effective in mission across the town and surrounding area and working in unity with others who share the same passion.
- To support the life of the church in additional duties as agreed with the Lead Pastor to include such things as planning events, leading volunteers, managing a budget, meeting with visitors and sharing in office administration.
Further details and Job Description are available from:
Pastor Bob Hardman (Lead Pastor)
Closing date for application is Monday 22nd June 2020