A summary of the Free Methodist Church
- The proclamation of the Wesleyan recovery of the New Testament message of the present power and cleansing of the Holy Spirit.
- A firm attachment to the doctrines and practices of classical orthodoxy. Wesley in his "Character of a Methodist" described a classical Christian, nothing more and nothing less.
- A commitment to world-wide evangelism and a global network.
- A connected network for mutual encouragement, sharing of gifts and mobilization for ministry.
- A structure providing full participation, broad permissions and careful accountability.
- An "earnest Christian ethos of responsible Christian living.
- A commitment to the Church both universal and local as God's principal instrument for reaching a lost world.
- A dedication to the apostolic mode, and a passion for the Great Commission enterprise of offering salvation in Christ to the world.
- A Wesleyan reforming zeal to clean up our world by God's message and power and our servanthood.
Bishop Emeritus Gerald E Bates